Transparency regarding RPTs is crucial in banks to ensure depositors, investors and regulators alike know and can assess the financial position and soundness of a bank. This is even more crucial in Vietnamese banks as bank ownership structures are complex with many cross shareholdings between private entities, state-owned enterprises and economic groups. Hence, this Guidebook about Related Party Transactions was developed with the goal to encourage commercial banks to raise awareness of good corporate governance and to explain the challenge related party transactions and conflicts of interest present in banking and how they should, in good practices, be managed.
The Manual provides executives, directors, and shareholders of companies with a comprehensive summary of the corporate governance framework and practices prevalent in the world today, and a practical toolkit designed to help implement good governance in practice. It is also a learning tool meant to help companies at different developmental stages to better understand the value and benefits of good corporate governance.
Source: International Finance Coperation (IFC)
The G20/OECD Principles of Corporate Governance help policy makers evaluate and improve the legal, regulatory, and institutional framework for corporate governance, with a view to supporting economic efficiency, sustainable growth and financial stability.
Source: Vietnamese translation copyright reserved by International Finance Coperation (IFC), member of World Bank Group.
Launched in 2011, the ASEAN Corporate Governance Scorecard (Scorecard) is an initiative of the ASEAN Capital Market Forum and is supported by the Asian Development Bank.The scorecard aims to raise CG standards and practices of ASEAN public-listed companies (PLCs) and to give greater international visibility to well-governed ASEAN companies, thereby strengthening the ability to attract investors, company’s image and brand in the international capital market.
- Program and Agenda
- Presentation: The Roles of a Corporate Secretary following Best Practices, Dr. Tan Wee Liang, FCS, FCIS
- Presentation: Corporate Secretary: A Profession to Shape the Company’s Future Success, Dam Van Tuan
- Presentation: IFC’s Toolkit “The Corporate Secretary: The Governance Professional”, Nguyen Nguyet Anh
- Presentation: Cyber Resilience – The role of Board Members, Sharath Martin
- Presentation: Cyber Security Law – Important notices for Business Enterprises, Nguyen Quang Dong
- ACCA Cyber Security – Fighting Crime’s enfant terrible
- ACCA Constant – Forward Motion
- ACCA Race for Relevance – Technology opportunities for the finance function